Last Revised: April 4, 2011
Sharedlist.org and its affiliates (collectively, “Management Group” or “we”) respect the privacy of the users of this Site (“User” or “you”) and are committed to protect the information of its Users. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect, use and disclose when you visit our website at the address [http://www.sharedlist.org
] (the “Site”). The guidelines contained herein apply to your visit or use of the Site.
1. Acceptance of the Policy
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We collect two types of data and information:
a. The first type of information is collected regardless of whether the User has registered the Site or is visiting the Site anonymously, and consists of non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”).
To put it simply, we have no idea what is the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, as detailed below:
• Type of operation system (e.g. Windows, Linux, etc.)
• Type of Browser (e.g. Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
• Screen resolution (e.g. 800x600, 1024x768, etc.)
• Browser and keyboard language (e.g. English)
• IP Address.
• The domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the site from which you direct-linked to the Site.
• The date and time you access the Site and pages you visit.
• Any Similar technical information.
• The clicks, mouse movements and similar information with regard to the User's session (e.g. the fact that User has chosen to click on a certain link or access a certain webpage). Please be advised that such information shall be deleted within approximately thirty (30) days after your visit to the Site.
Please note those third-party web analytics service providers may change from time to time.
b. The other type of information is individually identifiable information ("Personal Information"). To put it simply, this information may identify an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided voluntarily by the User (e.g. User's name, email address, author bio etc.) mainly by registration to the Site. We also treat any email you may send to us as Personal Information.
For the sake of clarification, any Non-personal Information combined with Personal Information shall be regarded as Personal information.
We will not collect any Personal Information from you without your approval. Among other things, we will not collect any chat or other correspondence between a User and any third-party.
3. How do we collect information on our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
a. We collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site. In other words, when you access the Site we are aware of your usage of the Site, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage. For example, when you connect to the Site, your computer tells us your IP address.
b. We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you wish to register to the Site, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information which shall be kept on our servers. Each time you will be interested in providing information voluntarily we may ask you to consent to the collection and public display of such information.
4. What are the purposes of collecting the information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
• Enhance the User's experience on the Site (e.g. by determining the screen resolutions).
• Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on our Site (e.g. understand which software is more popular than others).
• Better understand the priorities and interests of our potential customers and partners in order to better suit their needs and increase the efficiency of our sales and marketing processes.
• Administer the Site, help diagnose problems with our server, to gather broad demographic information.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
• Personalize your experience on the Site.
• Provide you with certain information and services available only to registered Users.
• Allow us to contact you with proposals and tailored information regarding events, offers, etc.
• Identify you when conducting customer service operations (such as license purchase and generation, providing product feedback, etc.).
• Other User Generated Content, voluntarily supplied by the User for the purpose of public use and display (e.g. public User Bio).
5. Sharing Personal Information with third parties
6. Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to delete your Personal Information, you should send an email via our Contact Us page, and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
7. Cookies & Local Storage
When you visit the Site, Management Group may use industry-wide technologies such as "Cookies" (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your computer ("Local Storage") and which will allow us to enable automatic sign-in to the Site, and make your browsing much more convenient and effortless. For example, and for your convenience, a Cookie can "auto fill" information on forms on the Site, precluding the need for you to fill out the same information on our registration forms each time you want to access information that requires registration. However, cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user; it is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored.
We also use certain third-party cookies. These are a different kind of cookies, which are stored on your computer by a third party site, rather than by the Management Group. This kind of cookie is updated each time you visit our Site, and also when you visit other website that uses similar cookies. Third-party cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc.
We take a great care in maintaining the security of the Site and your information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
Users who have registered to the Site agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose such password to any third party.
9. Third Party Sites
11. Got any Questions?
], and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe.